Monday, August 3, 2009

ICED & ETCHED!

Yesterday was a FUN anniversary celebration with my parents, grandmother, sister's family, niece and great-nephew at my house! Isn't the cake beautiful???? My friend, Karin, did a great job decorating it, and it wasn't just pretty--it was delicious! When Renee and I decided that we wanted to celebrate our parents' anniversary, we wanted a nice cake but didn't know who to call. Our mother is the only cake decorator we know . . . until I remembered that Karin recently took a cake decorating class. Boy, did we have a job for her! Ha! Notice the glasses on the table with the etched hearts on them? I used the Cricut to cut a vinyl stencil (with the hearts) and used Etch Cream to chemically etch the design on the glasses. When Karin showed up with the server that also had double hearts, it was as if we'd collaborated on the design! This is just one example of how perfectly everything came together to make for a perfect day!

4 comments:

Cindy Ewing said...

OMG! The cake is GORGEOUS!! Karin did an awesome job. Go Karin! :)

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous cake - almost too pretty to eat! Almost.

Need a close-up of the glasses.

Debbie said...

That cake is gorgeous - almost too pretty to eat! Almost.

Would like to see an up-close photo of the glasses . . .

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Karin did a wonderful job on the cake!! It's beautiful!!! Tasting good is an added bonus. I LOVE how wedding cakes taste myself. What did your parents think about the beautiful card you made for them? I know they were just blown away by the wonderful day you planned for them!! You are a great person to do all that work!! A labor of LOVE.