Sunday, May 23, 2010

"BLACK MAGIC" SYMPATHY

I found out this morning that my sister-in-law's father passed away, so I made this sympathy card for her.  I can't say that I really knew her "daddy" (that's what she always called him) but, in the past 20 years or so, I met him several times and shared a few meals around a table with him.  My sister-in-law was, from what I could tell, "daddy's girl," and it was never difficult to understand why.  In many ways, Paul reminded me of both my daddy and grandfather . . . he was a kind and gentle man, one who loved gardening and sharing.  He lovingly cared for his wife, and looking out for her just seemed to come natural.  He was a great cook, too!!  Paul Wilkinson was a really good, hard-working man, and I always felt very welcomed by him, as if I was just another member of the family. I know that he'll be sorely missed.  For this card, I used the Black Magic technique and Stampin' Up!'s "Kind and Caring Thoughts" level 3 hostess stamp set.  I love the images in this set, but I don't use them often since it's a hostess set.  The sentiment is from the "Thoughts and Prayers" stamp set.  I never enjoy making sympathy cards, but I do feel good when I can make a little something special for someone whose heart is filled with sadness.  Go rest high, Paul Wilkinson.  You have long deserved your mansion and the garden that surrounds it! 

No comments: