Saturday, May 22, 2010

STILL CHALKIN'


One of the projects for my Inkerbelles' class involved the Chalkboard technique, which I love!  It's such an easy way to apply color to a stamped image and take it to a definite WOW level.  While a solid image is generally preferred for the Chalkboard technique, I have found that open-line images actually hold chalked color quite well, as you can see from the card on the left.  I used an image from Stampin' Up!'s "Country Morning" stamp set, and doesn't it have a neat, neon appearance?For my second card (to the right), I used the brand new "Watercolor Trio" stamp set and blended a couple of chalk colors on the large flowers--sooooo super easy to do!  This card also features a heart-shaped "Bitty Button" . . . another new Stampin' Up! product.  The button is clear, but I used the Heart-to-Heart punch for the small heart that is adhered beneath the button.  Any white specks shown in the photos of these cards would be the shimmer mist (a mixture of water and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint) which I have become addicted to spraying on my chalked creations.  It's a great finishing touch that seems to enhance the colored images.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Regina I love these. Thanks for the inspiration to bring those "chalks" out!
Julie