Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BUTTERFLY "PANSY" & BITTY BOX

You don't have to search too hard in stampin' land to see a lot of these pansies, so I decided today that I should try to make one.  Pansies are one of my favorite flowers, and I think this one looks quite realistic.  I used Stampin' Up!'s Butterfly Punch and Shimmery White card stock for the two butterflies, which were doused with water and then I used an Aqua Painter to drop Elegant Eggplant and Barely Banana ink onto the wet card stock.  I think that's known as the "Floating Re-Inker" technique, but I'm not sure.  Anyway, the water moves the ink around on the card stock.  Once the butterflies were dry, I used a bamboo skewer to curl the edges and a marker to draw the "veins" in the center of the flowers.  If you click on the photo, you'll be able to see more of the detail on this project.  Can you see how some of the "pansy" has a glittery wet look?  That is the shimmer in the card stock--it's gorgeous!!!  I used the Big Shot and the "Bitty Box & Envelope" die to cut the box, the "Little Leaves" Sizzlits die to cut the leaves, and the embossed card stock on top of the box was created from Stampin' Up!'s brand new "Square Lattice" embossing folder.  If you like to make small treat boxes and favors that are quick to cut, assemble, and decorate, you might want to consider purchasing the Bitty Box die!  Besides the box, the die also can cut an envelope, and the box will hold five or six mini cards and envelopes which are the perfect size to accompany a gift or to hold a special sentiment that you choose to hand-deliver.

1 comment:

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Regina, your box is adobable. I really love this kind of flowers and you did a beutiful work. Thank you for sharing.
Martha Lucia Gomez - http://stampartpapel.blogspot.com