Friday, October 18, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Is it really Friday?  Oh, yes it is, and that means it's time for Julie Beaulieu to share a little Freestyle Fridays inspiration.  I'm going to throw out a guess that her project colors are Pool Party and Strawberry Slush which, if I'm correct, look awesome together!  Actually, I am quick to think "retro" or vintage when I see Pool Party paired with several of Stampin' Up!'s colors, but I think it's because Pool Party itself just reminds me of turquoise in the '50s because it had a (sometimes dirty, muted) greenish tint . . . think '56 Chevy, muted colors in books about Dick and Jane, lots of appliance ads, and don't dare try to deny those turquoise (Pool Party) formica countertops in diners with gold or silver flecks!  I doubt that Julie was having flashbacks of the '50s when she made this card, but having only a sneak peek of her project has paved a wide open road for my mind to wander.   Be sure to visit Julie's blog to see her entire project and to learn all about it.  I'm sure she'll have a fun mission for me, and you might want to give it a try!  Update:  I now know that Julie used Coastal Cabana and not Pool Party.  Oooooohhhhh . . . that's so much closer to the turquoise of the '50s!!!!  ;-)  And for the sake of clarification . . . I wasn't even in the world during the '50s.

No comments: