Friday, September 28, 2007

I DIDN'T FORGET MY BLOG!!!




I can't believe I haven't posted to my blog in six days! Goodness! I have to admit, though, that it's been a busy week!

Believe it or not, I managed to crank out a couple of holiday cards last night and this morning with SU's "Big on Christmas" stamp set. It took me a while to convince myself that I needed this stamp set, and I'm lovin' it! I had a hard time getting a photo of this card that showed the icicles, but I hope you can see them . . . they're above the word "snow." I created the icicles with Crystal Effects, dusted with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The stamped image was colored with markers, and the snowflakes are from "The Snowflake Spot" stamp set.

The "noel" card was actually the first one I made, and I wasn't sure how the design was going to turn out, but I knew I'd be using Chocolate Chip, Bravo Burgundy, and Blue Bayou card stock. BTW, the neutral color is Very Vanilla. It's hard to tell, but I used SU's "Weathered" background stamp on the burgundy card. The edges of the blue layer were distressed with SU's Cutter Kit (love, love, love that distressing tool). I really like this card, but it's a few steps from the look I normally go for. Doesn't it have a nice, warm appeal to it?

I have another "Big on Christmas" card that I made this morning, but I haven't been able to get a good photo just yet. I'll try to do that soon.

In the meantime, have a great weekend and don't forget to play with stamps and ink!

No comments: