Tuesday, October 2, 2007

CHIPBOARD and DESIGNER PAPER


Have you ever purchased a product that you really wanted to use but, at the same time, you didn't want to use it? I'm like that with several products . . . like chipboard. The chipboard pieces are relatively easy to use. On this card, for example, I got the flower from "On Board Blossoms and Basics," but I saved the round center for something later. ;-) All I did to the flower is sponge Rose Red Craft ink on it! You can use Classic ink, but the Craft ink doesn't tend to get absorbed by the chipboard. For my flower center, I stamped an image from "Big Pieces" with So Saffron Craft ink and then embossed it with Iridescent Ice, although this picture doesn't allow you to see how it sparkles. And that gorgeous paper is from the "Cutie Pie" designer paper collection. If you look really close, you can see a couple of mess-ups. As I was putting adhesive on the back of the chipboard, I forgot that runner-type adhesive doesn't work well. Then I accidentally got too much glue from the glue stick on the chipboard. When I tried to clean it off, some of my ink came, too, so I had to sponge more ink on two spots . . . they're the dark ones . . . by the sponge-like smears. ;-) What can I say? This is a hand-crafted card--an original--mistakes and all.

No comments: