Monday, October 15, 2007

SCALLOPED FLORAL SNOW BLOSSOM


What does this card need???? I wasn't sure what to do with the "flowers" I created this morning, so I put them on the white panel. It was boring, of course, so I added some "doodling." It still wasn't exciting, so I added the red photo corner. I came home this afternoon and thought it still looked boring, so I added the "make a wish" sentiment . . . and then I added the three brads. It still seems to need something, but I'm afraid whatever it needs is something that should have been done before the doodling--maybe even before the flowers were put in place. Argh!
How did I make this card? I began by punching the Snow Blossom on three pieces of card stock (Real Red, River Rock, and Soft Sky). I then centered that punched out portion in the Scallop Circle punch, and added some doodles to the flowers. I used three pieces of Xyron tape (cut to size) on the backside of the flowers, and then sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. A mini glue dot was used to adhere the small buttons to the flower centers. Can you see how sparkly the flowers are?
I like the flowers, but the overall card design doesn't do them justice. I'll have to go back to the drawing board with this one. ;-)

No comments: