Tuesday, October 23, 2007

SNOWFLAKE BOX

It's that time of year . . . time to start thinking about the holidays. I don't really mean to skip over Thanksgiving but--truth be told--it's time to prepare for Christmas, particularly if you're planning to make gift items, decorations, etc.

I found the pattern for this little box and thought it might be a good holiday item. It is a good one--and would be a fun one to receive. The problem, for me, is that I don't really like working with patterns . . . I would much prefer to have measurements so that I can work solely with my paper trimmer and avoid having to copy a pattern onto card stock. Your printer might like card stock, but mine would just as soon chew most of it up and spit it out . . . if it didn't get choked on it. ;-) I have to admit, though, that I looked at the pattern, took some measurements, and used my paper trimmer to create this little gem. Between now and December, this might be a workshop or camp/class project!


The first picture (of the top of the box) doesn't really depict just how glittery the punched snowflake is. I used Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder on the punched snowflake, but I used Hologram Highlights Embossing Powder on the snowflakes that are randomly stamped on the outside of the box. Other snowflakes are stamped with Brocade Blue Classic ink on the box, too. In the second picture, you can see that there's a piece of acetate covering the window, which gives the recipient a peek at what's inside.

No comments: