Friday, April 4, 2008

"CAROUSEL NOTES" TOTE

Check this out! Doesn't that "Afternoon Tea" designer paper look gorgeous???? And to think . . . I started to not even order it, but I'm so glad I did! To make this project, I used the Carousel Notes--a new SU product that's offered in the "Occasions" mini catalog. I started by making a "bagalope" (a bag from an envelope) using one of the Chocolate Chip envelopes that are included with the Carousel Notes and then used two of the card stock, scallop-edged notes which were decorated with the designer paper. I used Chocolate Chip Poly Twill ribbon (also available in the "Occasions" mini catalog), pewter Jumbo Eyelets (love these things!), and a pewter ribbon slide/buckle from a HodgePodge Hardware kit. Now, my sister owns the hardware kit from which I borrowed the ribbon slide, and she doesn't know that I got into her stash of SU supplies. I think it's just great that she keeps them all at my house! When you make a project for the first time, you usually take note of things to remember the next time and this project was no exception. I must remember (DUH!!!) that the sides of this tote and a good portion of the scallop-edged notes are visible, so I must pay more attention to those areas the next time. I tried to take the photo so the "oopsies" wouldn't be so obvious. ;-) All in all, this is a nifty project for those Carousel Notes! As far as bags, boxes, and totes go, this was a relatively simple project!

No comments: