Thursday, April 17, 2008

FROM THE GARDEN

Okay . . . so even I can see the humor in a post on my blog referring to a garden! Even the weeds hate that they grow so well here! I wish that I had more interest in tending to flower beds and having a lot of flowers outside--I LOVE flowers--but the summer heat, bugs, slugs, and things that slither keep me indoors. So, my floral creations get tended to in the stamp room! Several hours ago, I set out to do something with the Cricut since I haven't had a chance to play with it for a while. I didn't do the actual cut design for this card--a very talented lady in the UK did that--but I took her design and added some of my own flair to it. That's one thing that I love about the internet . . . many talented people are willing to use the DesignStudio software available for the Cricut to make awesome project designs, and they share those designs at NO CHARGE! Since I still haven't read the manual for the software (or the Cricut), those talented designers in the world make it possible for me to create awesome projects! SU products used to create this card include Night of Navy, Always Artichoke, Bordering Blue, and So Saffron textured card stock, Brushed Copper card stock (love this stuff), Whisper White card stock, Accents & Elements Flower Fusion (felt flowers in the center of the So Saffron flowers), Rhinestone brads, Tag punches, "Big Pieces" and "All Holidays" stamp sets. Since there are a lot of intricate areas to be glued, I used SU's Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive. Let me just tell you . . . that glue keeps everything in place! BTW, I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss the copper watering can. ETA: Die cut cards are fun but, most of the time, it's kind of tricky finding a place to write a note/message inside the card. I decided to add a piece of designer paper to the inside of this card that easily opens to the right to reveal ample space for a handwritten message.

No comments: