Tuesday, April 8, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!

My daddy is having one of those "big 0" birthdays on Thursday, and this is the card that I made for him. I had no idea what kind of card to make this year! Normally, I use one of SU's retired sets . . . Classic Pickups or Classic Convertibles, but I wanted something different. I wanted an antique/vintage look, but where to go with that????? So, I started pulling out retired designer papers that appealed to me, and then I remembered the retired "Artifacts" stamp set that I just couldn't part with, and the card design was underway. Have you ever made a card that you weren't really sure where it's design was heading and then it surprised even you when it was complete? That's how this card was! It doesn't take long to realize that the collage design of the paper did most of the design work for me--all I did was add a couple of enhancements, which include the "cracked glass" clock face with a build-a-brad center (can you see the cracks?), distressed sentiment, and the die-cut, embossed, and distressed key. In case you're wondering, I don't have to worry that daddy will see the card before he receives it because he's out of town and won't be home until Thursday. Hee! Hee! I hope he likes his card!

No comments: