Saturday, May 3, 2008

BIRTHDAY WALLET

Tomorrow is my nephew, Bryson's, birthday, and I made this wallet for him. I wasn't sure what to get him for his big day, but I've never known a young man (or an old one) who didn't like cash! I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to give the wallet a leather-look, and the machine-embossing lifted some of the heat-embossed image. I like that look, though, because it gives the wallet a distressed look. The Discover card is fake and is adhered to that interior pocket, and the picture--the one that looks soooooo old--is my sister when she was probably 3 or 4 years old. She's only 11.5 months older than me, and I swear we're not old enough to have childhood pictures that look THAT antique! I don't think any of my childhood photos look that old. Hee! Hee! I wonder if Bryson will even know who the girl in the picture is! After taking pictures of the wallet, I added a stamped layer on top of the left pocket because it looked so bare! I hope Bryson likes his gift! Would it be rude of me to ask if I can have the wallet? I'm (sort of) kidding! I wouldn't come right out and ask . . . but I might be tempted to pick it up if I should find it . . . oh, let's say . . . lying around. ;-)

No comments: