Tuesday, May 20, 2008

BLOOMIN' BEAUTIFUL

Oh dear! My friend, Cassy, let me borrow her "Bloomin' Beautiful" stamp set, and I think I'm in love! If you like to watercolor (and who doesn't), this is THE set for you! When I first saw this stamp set in the "Occasions" mini catalog, it did nothing for me . . . I had no trouble just turning the page. Over time, though, I've found myself not turning the page quite so quickly. I've had this stamp set off my list, on my list, and now it's at the TOP of my list. I got home with this set around 10:30 last night and immediately made the first card - Chocolate Chip and Groovy Guava. I colored the flower using the aqua painter and the Groovy Guava ink pad. I actually stamped and colored two flowers so I could make a cut from one of them to place via Stampin' Dimensional on top of the other one. Can you see the 3D effect? I also added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the flowers! The sponged edges may be a bit heavy for this card, but there's no removing the ink once it's there. Ugh! I stamped and colored the other image on the second card this morning. This time, I used the Watercolor Wonder Crayons and the aqua painter. Love, love, love how this one turned out! The crayons were a perfect choice for this image because I was able to mix and blend different colors, particularly on the flower pot. If I can get my ducks in a row, I'll be offering a class in June designed specifically around this stamp set. In the mean time, don't let the sales period end before adding this one to your stash! It's definitely one of those "sets with staying power" that you'll reach for time and again.

No comments: