Saturday, May 24, 2008

SO YUMMY!

Today, while surfing the 'net, I came across a picture of a delicious-looking cake and just HAD to make one! It's called a Strawberry Truffle. I've seen these before but haven't ever made one. The only deep glass dish with a lid that I own is this one by Pampered Chef. It's not as ornate as I would have liked, but it sits in the 'fridge just fine. ;-) Renee and I sent Chadrick and Bryson to the store to get a few ingredients, and she added bananas to her "helping." Yuck! I wish I had put a little food coloring in the pudding because that muted yellow looks like infection to me. Gross! Anyway, following is the recipe if you'd like to make one:
8 oz. Cool Whip
1 pound cake, cubed (can use Angel Food Cake)
1 prepared vanilla or lemon instant pudding
Strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
Mix strawberries with sugar. Layer cubed cake, pudding, strawberries, and Cool Whip. Repeat. Garnish with strawberries on top. Chill and serve cold.

No comments: