Saturday, February 6, 2010

SHE-BEAR . . . WITH BLOOMERS & BLING

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I can't remember if I've played with Stampin' Up!'s Build-a-Bear dies before.  I've had them for about two months, I think.  I had thought that I'd just put a cute outfit on my bear, but ideas just kept coming!  I can imagine a little girl would LOVE dressing these bears!  I'll bet you can't guess what's the last thing I noticed . . . after I'd gotten her all dressed up.  In true Regina fashion, I had not placed my narrow piece of card stock on the die correctly, and part of my bear's hand was missing.  Yikes!  I mean she had a skirt, shoes, shirt, flower in her hair, diamond earrings, eyelashes, and bloomers, for Heaven's sake!  How could I not have noticed part of her hand was missing?!?!  While the purse (created with punches) looks like a planned part of her ensemble, it's actually a distraction.  Poor little bear . . . part of her hand was never there, and still part of it had to be cut away so it would appear to be holding the purse handle.  Stampin' Up! products used to create this project include:  Build-a-Bear and Fancy Favor dies; Trio Flower, Eyelet Border, 1-1/4" Circle, Large Oval, and Small Oval punches; "Sweet Pea" designer paper; rhinestones from the "Eggcellent Eggs Kit"; Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White card stock.

2 comments:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

She's a litle doll!! Great way to fix a "cut" hand! I love her purse! Smiles, Laura

Anonymous said...

Creativity well done!! The "she bear" knew she needed a purse to match her shoes, even if you didn't know it at the beginning of your creation!!