Thursday, August 13, 2020

WREATH BUILDER DIES + ASSORTED EMBOSSED BACKGROUNDS

 


A couple of nights ago, I used Stampin' Up!'s Wreath Builder dies to create a few cards that I wanted to send to some of the "elders".  These are ladies who don't get out much and/or aren't having many visitors due to COVID-19.  Not to toot my own horn, but the elders look forward to receiving (displaying and keeping) my cards.  As someone who enjoys making cards, it is my absolute pleasure to mail to them at least one card per month.  

I love the idea of a wreath card but, if you're like me, you don't always want to have to carefully place leafy cuts in a circle formation.  What instantly sold me on the Arrange a Wreath Bundle was that the dies included TWO wreaths made up of two different styles . . . leaves or sprigs (both featured on my cards) . . . which gives a designer/card-maker so many choices of how to layer and decorate a wreath.  Of course, there are stamps and dies for several occasions included in the bundle, but I just used the small flower dies for my Highland Heather flowers.  It's so convenient that there are three of the flower dies so you can cut three flowers with one pass through the die-cutting machine!  I used a different embossing folder on the background of each of my cards, and this one features the brand new Evergreen Forest.  

The card above features the Seabed embossing folder, which I think is so gorgeous!  This one might just be my favorite.

Another new embossing folder, Absolutely Argyle, is featured on the above card.  I really like the solid spaces in the embossed design, don't you?

On the last card, I used the Pinewood Planks embossing folder, which has been a favorite of mine.  It just seems like a good choice when you have trouble deciding and lends a nice subtle texture.

While I didn't use any of the Arrange a Wreath stamps on my cards, I did use them to decorate the envelopes and wish that I had kept a photo of at least one of them.  Sorry about that!  The "hello" sentiment is from the Life is Beautiful stamp set.  

Now that you've seen all four cards, which embossed background is your favorite?


2 comments:

Stasher said...

I love this card, the colors, and convenience of the dies. Potential is unlimited just changing colors alone!

Diane (DeeDee) said...

If like the absolutely Argyle one the best but all are lovely!