Wednesday, August 26, 2020

COLORFUL VASE . . . BORN FROM A DOODLE

 


I'm a doodler.  If I'm on the phone, I'm doodling.  Sometimes I practice lettering by writing words from the conversation, and other times (although rarely) I will play with lines.  Last night, while talking with my mother, I drew and colored the "hello" piece (in the above photo--about the size of a postage stamp) that reminded me of a vase, which totally inspired the watercolored vase for today's slim card.


This card is 3" x 6.5".  Aren't the colors nice???  I began by using a permanent pen to draw the "vase" and then the crosshatch lines.  A watercolor brush was used to color the drawing with Mango Melody, Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, and Coastal Cabana ink.  I used the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush on top of the Gorgeous Grape sections and also on two of the die-cut sprigs.  Once colored, I fussy cut the vase and began to arrange the punched and die-cut shapes.  A retired punch was used to cut the Poppy Parade flowers, and I used three dies from the Forever Flourishing dies to cut the Whisper White, Pool Party, Mango Melody, and Gorgeous Grape shapes.  The "hello" sentiment is from the Forever Fern stamp set, and it was cut with one of the Tasteful Labels dies.  The finishing touch was the placement of rhinestones in the flower centers.  The photo below most accurately shows the pretty colors.


You never know where a doodle will take you!


1 comment:

Stasher said...

Really cute and colorful!