Saturday, August 22, 2020

"THERE WAS JESUS" TRI-FOLD CARD

 


I think the lyrics to Zach Williams' and Dolly Parton's song, There was Jesus, are just beautiful, and I used some of them as the focal point for this tri-fold sympathy card.  




While there's nothing noteworthy about the colors or design of this card, that is exactly what gives centerstage to the lyrics--the message.  

The designer paper that I used is from the In Good Taste collection, and the die-cut cross is from the retired Crosses of Hope dies.  I never bought the coordinating stamp set but, when I saw the dies a while back in Stampin' Up!'s Clearance Rack, I knew that I needed them.  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card are Watercolor paper and the retired Just Because stamp set and Vellum, Basic Black, and Gray Granite cardstock.

Interestingly, as I have worked on this post, the beautiful There was Jesus song came up on my playlist.  🥰


2 comments:

Stasher said...

This a beautiful card, qnd you're right, the lyrics are beautiful. I need to go find that song and take a listen.

Maryrose said...

I hear that song every morning on KLOVE on my way to work. You are right Regina, the card let's the message speak. Simple but profound. I will be casing this card in the future :) Blessings, Maryrose