Saturday, August 1, 2020

"BIRDS & BRANCHES" ANNIVERSARY CARD


My parents have an anniversary on August 2.  

61 years together!!!  
22,265 days together!!!
2 daughters
2 granddaughters
2 grandsons
5 great-granddaughters
2 great-grandsons

How awesome is that?!?!


I used Stampin' Up!'s Birds & Branches stamp set and coordinating dies to create this sweet card for them.  Looking at the picture, I swear the placement of the nest wasn't as crooked as it appears!  It was a little crooked; however, I think it looks more pronounced in the photo because you can't see the curve of the nest (on the left) behind the sentiment strip and also because the bird on the right is placed a little higher.  Maybe I created somewhat of an illusion.  Or maybe the weight of papa bird is a bit much for the fragile nest.  Perfection is a lofty goal.


After die-cutting the birds, which were stamped onto Whisper White cardstock, I colored them with Stamping Sponges and ink (Balmy Blue, Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight).  Although my parents only have two children, I placed three eggs in the nest since we treat my sweet niece as one of the sisters.  Actually, my sister and I always joke that if my niece, Haley, was actually a sibling, she would be my parents' favorite child.  Come to think of it, they've never denied that.

Imperfections aside, I really like this card!  It has tacticality with its layers, dimension, and textures!

PURCHASE THE "BIRDS & BRANCHES" BUNDLE

1 comment:

Stasher said...

So sweet. Inspiration for me since I just bought this set from you!