Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A CRICUT FOR CHRISTMAS

Ignore the fact that we're well into January . . . my Christmas gift just arrived yesterday . . . a Cricut Expression Electronic Cutter. Of course, Fadi and Chadrick were very good to have some fun Cricut accessories for me at Christmas--I just didn't have the machine in time. I didn't have a lot of time to play with my new gadget, but I did manage to try cuts from my three cartridges. While I don't know even a fraction of what this machine can do, I can tell you that it's seemingly easy to operate, and its precision is AMAZING! In this post, I'm uploading just a couple of pictures of my "test" items. The letters are 1.5" high, the box is 2.5" square, and the paisley accent is 3.5" x 2.5". To cut the paisley accent, I first cut it from white card stock and then decided to cut the same image using the "Shadow" feature. For the shadow, I used Regal Rose textured card stock. How awesome is that??? I had a good idea tonight. Since the Cricut can cut some pretty big letters, I'm thinking that the next time Fadi makes me mad, I can spell out . . . on the wall or his bathroom mirror . . . the words I'd like to say! Of course, I could spell out "THANKS SO MUCH!" That would probably be most appropriate at the moment. Goodness knows, that man has been quite tolerant and supportive of my creative interests and all the gadgets that "I just have to have."
ETA: I realize my "paisley accent" isn't really a paisley--I'm just not sure what else to call it. Just squint until your vision is blurred, and maybe it will look like a paisley. ;-)

No comments: