Sunday, January 27, 2008

CUT & WELDED

I had a little fun playing with the Cricut this evening. I recently purchased the DesignStudio software for the machine so I could hook it up to the computer, but I haven't read all the ways to use this software. This card is proof positive that reading instructions is, sometimes, optional. ;-) Come to think of it, I haven't even read the manual that came with the machine yet! Bad girl, I know! Anyway, I wanted to try "welding" letters, which is the software's way of allowing you to create attached letters/phrases. The letters and two white hearts in the "love you" phrase are all joined (welded) together, which is awesome! It's much easier to adhere the whole kit and kaboodle without having to work with the letters individually. The floral image is from the "One of a Kind" stamp set, and I used Stampin' Dimensionals on all of the cut layers on this card. That gorgeous paper, of course, is from the "Berry Bliss" designer series paper collection.

No comments: