Tuesday, January 15, 2008

PINWHEEL CENTERPIECE

Have you noticed the designer paper pinwheels on page 67 of the new catalog? I fell in love with them and decided to try them tonight. I wasn't sure what I'd do with them, so I decided to just do as SU had done . . . put them in something glass! I went a step further, though, and added some Eastern Elegance Rub-Ons (the white flower on the glass and the "you make me smile" sentiment on the ribbon). Pretty cool, huh? I really wanted to use some Jelly Beans in the bottle, but I had to settle for bath salts. Fortunately, they were the perfect color (don't you just love it when things come together), and I'd had them for a year or so--just taking up space on a shelf! Wouldn't this centerpiece be perfect for a Spring/Summer event? Truth be told, this project took less than an hour to create, and I even applied the Rub-Ons after I'd already filled the bottle with bath salts and tied the ribbon in a knot! Super easy!

No comments: