Friday, June 20, 2008

ANOTHER WILD ROSE

Why, oh why, does this stamp set have to retire? If SU had just asked me, "Regina, which stamp sets did you purchase in hopes of loving, but then they ended up gathering dust?" I could have given a list, albeit short, of stamp sets that would be okay to retire. After five years of stamping, you'd think by now I would know my style and preferences, but I don't always make the best choices for myself. Until I learned precisely how to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig, I had trouble with some of the images in this set, but now it seems too beautiful to be going away. What I like about "two-step" stamp sets is that you can create a two-color image using a multitude of color combinations OR get the appearance of two different colors by using one color of ink and stamping off to lighten the color for the solid (base) image. BTW, a two-step stamp set is one that has solid images (to be stamped with light colors of ink) and detail images to be stamped (with dark colors) on top of its solid image "partner." The only color of ink used on the rose for this card was Groovy Guava, and Wild Wasabi was used on the leaves.

No comments: