Sunday, June 15, 2008

RILEY GOES CAMPING

So it's almost 1:00 a.m., I'm expecting guests in about 13 hours, there's still plenty of housework and meal prep to be done, and I just made a mess while making this card. Where exactly are my priorities???? I finally took the plunge and ordered my third set of Nestabilities dies (the Long Rectangle Scallops), which arrived today, and I just couldn't wait to play! This card design is what I call a "kickstand," and I believe that's the real name for it. The Bravo Burgundy piece of card stock is just a base. The scalloped white piece actually folds like a card (it IS the card), and I cut and embossed it with the largest of the Nestabilities dies I received today. I love how it turned out! I don't know where the plaid paper came from, but you've met Riley the moose in a previous post. I colored the image with Prismacolor markers and adhered it to the bottom of the scalloped card so that it forms a "kickstand" and can hold its own on a shelf, table, etc. Other than the card stock, the only other SU product used tonight was the Kraft Taffeta ribbon. I love that stuff! It ties so easily, isn't bulky, and it lends a soft touch of "a little something else" which our projects sometimes need.

No comments: