Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WATERCOLORED BLOOMIN' BEAUTIFUL

For quite some time now, I've assumed that watercoloring with SU products didn't really involve the markers, but rather watercolor pencils, crayons, and ink pads. The three flowers on this card were colored using SU markers! Awesome, huh? I noticed that some colors actually worked better, but it's definitely a technique to try. I wouldn't recommend anything other than watercolor paper since you'll want the Aqua Painter to be pretty wet, and you'll be moving it around on the card stock. Anything but watercolor paper would probably begin to disintegrate. I stamped my flowers with Black StazOn ink, and then added color (using a marker) to the shaded areas of the flowers. I then used the Aqua Painter to pull and move that color around. As I said, some colors are going to work better than others, although I don't know why. I used the marker to color the stem, but I watercolored the leaves the same way that I did the flowers. Markers used for this project were Cameo Coral, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, and Old Olive.

No comments: