Sunday, June 21, 2009

GRADUATION LAYOUT

Anyone who really knows me will be shocked to see that I designed and created a scrapbook page--a personal page, complete with photos! I could design scrapbook pages all day long if I had to (and it might take me all day to design just one), but I have never been a scrapbooker! At the end of April, when Chadrick went to prom, I decided that I really needed (wanted) to scrap the memories of his senior year . . . prom, graduation, 18th birthday. And so, I got started today. Right off the bat, I can see some subtle changes I might have made, but I'm going to try to not be hypercritical. The purpose is to preserve the memories, and therein lies my focus. Since I have some memorabilia to include on my planned pages, I will incorporate pockets so I can remove the pages from the protectors if desired. Beginning with this page, there's no pocket, but the graduation invitation was adhered in a way that it can be opened and viewed in its entirety. Before I get much further, I really need an album. I've always preferred ring albums; however, I think I would like a post album so my pages can be viewed closer together--without the "ring" gap between them. If you have any recommendations, let me know!

No comments: