Friday, May 18, 2012

3- COLOR EMBOSSING FOR "FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Inside of card
It's my turn to share a Freestyle Fridays project this week, and I followed the mission as set forth by Julie last week to use embossing powder on a project and, if it was a card, to stamp the inside (something I rarely do).  That Julie really knows how to challenge me!  As I thought about what to do, I decided that I didn't want to just heat-emboss on card stock--I wanted to do something jazzy--and that's when it occurred to me to use more than one color of embossing powder.  As you can see, I used Copper, Gold, and Silver embossing powders, and I also used the same colors of metallic card stock which, by the way, is tricky as all get out to photograph!  Not all of these colors of embossing powders and card stock are still available from Stampin' Up! but, fortunately, I still had them in my stash.  On the Basic Black card stock on the front of the card, I stamped and embossed each color individually but, on the inside of the card, I repeatedly stamped the image with VersaMark and then randomly sprinkled gold and silver embossing powder and heat set at one time.  All of the stamped images are from the "Watercolor Trio" stamp set, and I used the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder on the right side of the card front.  Don't you think it complements the stamped images?  I finished the card with bronze and gold ribbons and silver cord (retired from Stampin' Up!).  Unfortunately, the bronze ribbon appears orange in the photo but not so much in real life.  Thank you, Julie, for presenting yet another challenging mission for me! 

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Beautiful card, Regina! Love your style of embossing; will give it a try.