Friday, May 4, 2012

FAUX PATINA FOR "FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

It's Friday . . . WOOHOO!!!!!! . . . and time for me to share my Freestyle Fridays project!  With her post last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create something with the Faux Patina technique.  I always look forward to her missions, and this one was of interest because I hadn't yet tried this technique.  The card that I'm sharing today was actually my second attempt at Faux Patina, for which you can find easy-to-follow instructions HERE.  I love the look of faux patina but, to be honest, I am never very successful when it comes to lightly sprinkling embossing powder on an inked background, particularly one that is textured with dry-embossing.  My first attempt was a disaster!  When I was preparing to sprinkle gold embossing powder onto the background for this card, I made sure to REALLY powder the surface so that less powder would stick and I still had to use a brush to remove a lot of it.  After the background was completed, I started building the card with die-cut daisies with curled tips, punched Boho Blossoms from Brushed Gold card stock, jumbo pearl, and a sentiment from "Perfect Words" stamp set.  Can you imagine this card without the white eyelet border?  For me, the card HAD to have this border, but it seemed so stark.  Adding the satin pleated ribbon was the perfect finishing touch!  All products used to complete this card are from Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

Ariel said...

this turned out beautifully, Regina. You really captured the look of rusted metal here; your color choices were perfect. And that daisy die is always stunning.

Julie said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous. Yet another successfully completed mission.