Monday, May 28, 2012

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

For the MISM project this week, I reached for a Stampin' Up! stamp set ("My Friend") that I've hardly used and two of the new In Color colors of card stock and ink.  To be very honest, I wasn't at all excited about Gumball Green but, as you can see, it looks quite stunning paired with Midnight Muse on this card.  Why haven't I used this stamp set more often?  It actually has all of the components that normally make up a stamp set of choice for me--one with added value--a silhouette image (one that's large enough to carry its own as a focal point and can be used on ANY size project), really great and trendy background images, and sentiments that are visually appealing and quite useful.  I don't know what prompted me to reach for this stamp set or Gumball Green, but I definitely impressed myself because I really like this card and enjoyed how quick it was to make and must remember to use these stamps again.  I'd like to draw your attention to the Gumball Green stitched ribbon.  Demonstrators were able to preorder this one color which didn't excite me, but I'm so glad that I bought it!  This is one of Stampin' Up!'s new products--available (as of June 1) in the five In Color colors--and it is a dream to work with!  I love that this ribbon isn't one-sided, and it's as easy to handle as taffeta and satin ribbon and without bulk.  So what do you think--if this card arrived in your mailbox, would you be pleased? 

No comments: