Monday, May 14, 2012

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Confession . . . the stamp set that I used for this card's focal point ("Make a Cake"--available in the new Stampin' Up! catalog that goes into effect on June 1) is one that I earned free for recruiting during Sale-a-Bration.  I have had this stamp set for more than a week and just assembled the images and labels on the wood blocks tonight.  Why did it take me so long?  Because I wasn't excited about using this set.  Each time I looked at it, I just didn't think it was one that I wanted to work with and yet I am quite proud of how this card turned out.  The punched flowers and colored pinwheels made all the difference and reminded me that sometimes I just need to look around for that extra something that will jazz up a project!  Other brand new products featured on this card that will be available from Stampin' Up! on June 1 are Apothecary Accents and Bitty Banners Framelits dies, stitched Daffodil Delight ribbon, and Itty Bitty Banners stamp set.  This card also features the Stripes embossing folder, Itty Bitty Shapes flower punch, markers for coloring the pinwheels, and Stampin' Dimensionals. 

No comments: