Friday, March 8, 2013

"DESIGNER TYPESET" CUSTOM WASHI (TISSUE) TAPE

Three of my favorite products (at the current time) are linen thread, twine, and washi tape.  Of the three, I actually use linen thread the most, followed by twine, and I seem to be a hoarder of washitape, although I have used it several times to decorate the edges of custom envelopes.  I even purchased (at a too-high price, even with the coupon) a special chippy "cabinet" to hold most of my tape, and it sits within arm's reach on my desk.  Each time I think of purchasing more tape, I quickly glance at my little cabinet to see if it's a roll that I already have.  What I wanted to show you in this post is the tissue tape that I created with Stampin' Up!'s new "Designer Typeset" (photopolymer) stamp set.  I wonder how long I'll feel that I need to define it as a "photopolymer" stamp set.  To create the tape, I laid a piece of tissue paper (the kind used in gift boxes) on my desk, laid a strip of 1/2" double-sided tape on top of the tissue paper, and then trimmed the excess tissue paper.  I used permanent ink to stamp the images and then used Pool Party and Calypso Coral markers to color the open-line stamped arrows.  Soooooooooooo easy to do!  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card (intended for a graduate) include "Patterned Occasions" stamp set, First Edition designer paper, Calypso Coral and Pool Party card stock, Cloudy Day embossing folder, 3/4"x15/16" Oval punch, Sycamore Street designer buttons, rhinestone jewels, Calypso Coral Baker's twine (this came with the Sent with Love bundle), Glue Dots, and Stampin' Dimensionals.

No comments: