Friday, March 1, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Did you notice my new blog banner?  I had planned that the previous one would only be up for a short while--it was my Valentine's banner--but time got away from me.  I finally managed to design a new one a couple of days ago, but I didn't realize that I was pretty much using the same colors.  I guess Pool Party has me in its clutches.

It was my turn this week to design a Freestyle Fridays project, and the mission that Julie issued last week dictated that I reach deep, deep, deep to the bottom of my stack of designer paper stack and choose one (or more) to use in any way that I wished.  The paper that I chose is from Stampin' Up!'s very-long-ago-retired "Sentimental Journey".  I would certainly have no memory of this paper collection's name except for the fact that I used to label retired designer paper.  This collection of paper is so masculine, and I especially love the collage of travel-related images--my favorite being the ship that I highlighted with a bottle cap.  
 
But why stop with just one bottle cap?  The "It's a good life" sentiment was also punched from the designer paper and placed in a smaller bottle cap.
Other Stampin' Up! products used to complete this card include Crumb Cake and Riding Hood Red card stock, Stampin' Dimensionals, glue dots, and Natural Trim ribbon.  I think this card might have taken 15 minutes to make, and that includes the time spent digging to the bottom of the designer paper stack!  Thank you, Julie, for an excellent mission this week!

1 comment:

Jacoline Fitzgerald said...

Regina I just love the effect done with this card. It is really an interesting design and I love the paper... don't remember it but love it. I have never used the bottle caps but now I will make sure to pick some up because they just seem to pop the look of the card and magnify the item you are trying to focus on. Again thank you so much for always inspiring me ... you never disappoint me....