Wednesday, March 6, 2013

"DESIGNER TYPESET" PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET

Today is my oldest great-niece's birthday.  Unfortunately, I won't get to enjoy celebrating with her, but I will celebrate on her behalf. 
I posted recently about Stampin' Up!'s brand new photopolymer stamp set ("Designer Typeset") and, when my order arrived yesterday, I knew exactly what I would create with it . . . a birthday card in honor of Malena!  I have to admit that I was apprehensive about handling each of those tiny letters individually, but being able to create a totally personalized card AND seeing EXACTLY where the images would stamp was AWESOME!  I don't believe there is anyone more excited than me about the prospect of Stampin' Up! offering clear stamps!  For now, they are testing the waters, and I truly hope that they decide to go forward and roll out bunches of photopolymer stamp sets!!!!!
Before placing the stamps back on the acetate sheet, I thought you might like to see how I lined up the word "birthday" on the acrylic block.  This was quite easy to do!  You might say that the letters are really small; however, if you are using them to build a word or phrase on a block, you don't want them to have excess photopolymer around the edges because then your letters of your word/phrase would have an awkward amount of space between them.  To stamp the word "happy", I left an opening on the acrylic block for the second "p" and just went back and stamped it in place.  Easy "p"easy!  Did you notice that the pennant banner stamp is straight on the acetate sheet, but the pennant on my card is curved?  That's just one of the benefits of working with photopolymer stamps . . . the ability to give them a curve!  You'll notice that the stamps that I used are stained, but this happens with every clear stamp that I have ever used, whether using permanent ink (which I did) or water-based dye ink.  As with regular red rubber stamps, ink stains do not affect the quality of stamped images.  The last thing that I will say about this new stamp set is that Stampin' Up! did a FABULOUS job with the deeply-etched images, which is sometimes a rare find with other clear stamps on the market.  I encourage you to purchase the "Designer Typeset" stamp set and try it for yourself!  The other stamp set that I used to make this card is "Make a Cake".
And to Malena . . . wherever you go, whatever you do,
Just know that I'm wishing a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!!

1 comment:

RitaR said...

I was so happy to see your card featuring the new photopolymer stamps! Your card is just adorable and it's so helpful to see the alphabets and banner in use and to read your very helpful comments about using this new set! MANY THANKS for posting your sweet card!