Monday, March 25, 2013

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM project is a fake tri-fold card . . . fake because the third panel was an afterthought, something that I added after the card was nearly complete.  I glanced at my calendar and saw that I needed to send a birthday card to a sweet man (actually, I should have mailed a card by last Friday), so I started thinking about what kind of card to make.  The square card with a circle window was laying on my desk, as were the pieces for the vintage fan that I had cut with the Silhouette Cameo earlier last week.  I used the manifest image from Stampin' Up!'s "The Open Sea" stamp set on half of the card front, and then the fan was assembled and adhered to the center panel, which is the one that I added to the card.  I used washi tape to cover the flap that was adhered to the inside panel, and the birthday sentiment is from the "You're Amazing" stamp set.  I tried different ribbon and twine bows and knots on the front of the card before settling with the gingham and organdy.  It's really hard to beat gingham ribbon--I just {}gingham!!!!  When I showed the card to my son yesterday, he wanted to know why I put a bow on the card if it's for a man.  That's a good question, and I hope the sweet man who receives this card won't mind, but this particular bow looked better than anything else that I tried.


No comments: