Friday, March 15, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Last week, Julie issued a mission for me to use two (or more) different sets of Spellbinders' dies to create as many layers as I'd like on my project.  Although I have plenty of dies from which to choose, still this mission was quite challenging for me.  It was a good one, though, because it gave me the opportunity to study my collection of dies and make a selection.  I began by using one of the Labels 23 dies to cut the shape for my card, and then I cut another of that same size label to cover the front of the card and sponged this layer with So Saffron ink.  The petals of the sunflower were also sponged with ink, and I used a dotted embossing folder on the center of the flower.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s "Pop-Up Posies Designer Kit", and markers were used to ink the stamp.  You can't tell from the picture, but I slipped the end of the sentiment tag into the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle punch to give it a scalloped edge.  I think this is such a sweet card and, if it hadn't been for Julie's mission, there's no telling how long it might have been before I used any of these dies.  Thanks, Julie!!!
 

3 comments:

Julie said...

A captivating card AND a new banner. A+ my friend.

Jacoline said...

Regina, you never disappoint when given a challenge. This card is absolutely lovely. I always look forward to your posts. Keep up the great work!

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

I love this card! The yellow makes it so spring-like. And I LOVE the new blog banner, too!! Great job on both. How do you continue to be so creative!!
Smiles, Laura