Saturday, August 3, 2013

AN ODD WAY (BUT APPROPRIATE) TO WISH MY PARENTS A HAPPY 54TH ANNIVERSARY

Yesterday was my parents' 54th anniversary, and I had to get extra creative with the card that I wanted to send to them.  My first thought was where to send the card.  Let me explain.  My grandmother lives next door (across a field) to my parents and, for the past several months, my mother has been living with spent a lot of time at mamaw's house caring for her needs.  During this time, I have sent mail to mamaw's house for my mother and to my parents' house for daddy.  An anniversary card certainly needed to go to both of them, so I came up with a solution . . . I would make the card and write a sweet sentiment on the inside, and then I would cut the card so that daddy would get one half, and mother would get the other half.  I knew this would give them something to laugh about and, under the circumstances, they need to ha-ha every chance they get!

It just so happened that I found this really cute image that was perfect for a split card.
The black blob on the woman's finger is actually a rhinestone jewel that shows up better in the first photo.  My card stock colors are Very Vanilla, Real Red, and Pool Party.

2 comments:

Judys said...

Really cute images and very inventive of you! Made me smile!

Nancy Dawson said...

Agreed! What a neat idea and such a great image to pull it off. TFS