Friday, August 30, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

With her Freestyle Fridays post last week, Julie challenged me to stamp on designer paper this week.  I was really tempted to just use her beautiful card as a sketch because I liked it so much, but then I looked at my desk.  There were stacks of stamp sets and a host of other things that needed to be put away, and I noticed an adorable stamp set that I hadn't yet inked.  I used Early Espresso ink to stamp the chocolate candies all over the designer paper, but then I wasn't sure how to fill the space above this pretty stamped border.  I tried a few things and a few colors and image + sentiment, sentiment only, image only, but nothing was pleasing me.  So I did what any experienced paper crafter would do . . . I cut the card really small to fit the border but big enough to still look like a card.  It's actually a perfect little scrapling, and I started loving what was evolving.  After I adhered the scallop circle, I laughed a little because (to me) it looked like a cookie.  The ribbons were added and all layers glued to the Very Vanilla base but, after looking at the card for a while, it needed something.  On that one chocolate candy image, I used a red marker to color the swirl top, and I really liked it after I decided to use Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details.  Chocolate and glitter and a little splash of gingham . . . what's not to love?

1 comment:

Julie said...

Super idea. All of them. Makes me want to reach in and eat one.