Friday, August 2, 2013

"FREESTYLE FRIDAYS"

Last week, Julie issued a mission for me to create something using the color purple, and I chose to work with Wisteria Wonder, which seems to be another one of those colors that's difficult to photograph.
My project features the Inlaid Embossing technique, which I think is a really neat technique--one that's very easy to accomplish and is an easy way to add color and texture to a project.  I began by using VersaMark ink to stamp a few Mosaic Madness images onto Wisteria Wonder card stock, sprinkled the stamped images with silver embossing powder, heat set them, and then used the Mosaic punch to cut them.  The punched shapes were adhered to Whisper White card stock, and then I stamped a different Mosaic Madness image between the punched shapes, using the Stamp-a-ma-jig, of course.  I embossed the card stock with the Fancy Fan embossing folder and then punched five tiny flowers from glimmer paper to adhere to the center of each punched shape.  I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch to create glimmery edges for the card stock.  The finishing touch was the stamped sentiment, which is from Loving Thoughts stamp set.  All products used to create this card are from Stampin' Up! except for the adhesive that I used to adhere the vellum.  In all of mystampin' years, I have tried different vellum adhesives, but I haven't been totally satisfied with any of them.  Most of the time when I work with vellum, I adhere it to a project with a brad or use a punched shape, button, or other embellishment to hide the glue . . . except this time.  Surprisingly, my Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive worked beautifully and left absolutely no trace, and it will definitely be my go-to vellum adhesive from now on.  I have been using this adhesive for quite some time when working with cuts from my Cricut Expression or Silhouette Cameo machines because it truly is quick-drying.  The only thing that I don't like about the adhesive is that the nozzle has to be unclogged (by inserting a long needle or piercing tool into it) with each use.  It's worth the effort, though.  Happy Friday to you, have a great weekend, and THANK YOU, JULIE, for yet another fun mission! 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Terrific card Regina. Love all the added touches and the bling. Well done.

Jacoline said...

Hi Regina! Well you have done it again... I love this card. Thanks so much for always inspiring me to create new things.