Tuesday, April 14, 2020

A "DO GOOD, FEEL GOOD" PROJECT

One of my stampin' friends, Karen Culler, who is also a demonstrator, recently posted something on Facebook that got my attention.  She wrote:

"Ok Facebook friends and family, I need to get creative. The first 10 people who share their favorite quote or Scripture verse in the comments I will create something just for you. (I can only do about 5 sentences, so don’t make it a full poem, etc)”.

I loved this idea and told Karen that I was going to "steal" it.  Of course, I didn't know what I would make for whoever responded, and then Karen showed me the card-with-built-in-easel that she had made.  A perfect project needs no tweaking, and all I needed to do was the fun part . . . deciding how to decorate each card.  Following are the cards that I made:







They turned out great, didn't they?  The only problem I had was running out of postage, but a handful of stamps are waiting in the mailbox for the last two cards to get mailed.

I don't know of anyone who doesn't like to receive mail and, during this time when most of us are spending a lot more time at home, it's good to do something nice for someone else.  You don't even have to offer to personalize a project for someone . . . just put together a card or note and send it on its way.  It doesn't even have to be a card.  Whatever you enjoy making, share it with someone.

If this project has inspired you to make something or do a good deed, I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: