Saturday, April 4, 2020

FLOWER BOUQUET SHAPED SYMPATHY CARD


I had big plans this past week since I wasn't working (at my part-time job).  Most of those plans included projects in the home that needed attention, such as straightening up the pantry, working in my closet to move cool-weather clothes to the back and warm-weather clothes to the front, and shredding (which takes a HUGE block of time and creates a much larger mess than the stack of papers that needed shredding), etc.  I also worked in my craft room but didn't generate as much trash as I had hoped.  One of my goals was to get my Cricut Explore up to date with Design Space, which finally worked, and I even (with the help of my son) got the bluetooth working.  That was especially exciting because it hasn't worked in a couple of YEARS!  Of course, now that everything was ready to go, I got busy creating some Cricut cards.  The one that I'm sharing today is a copycat of this one that I made way back in 2013!  I needed a sympathy card to send to one of my childhood/early teenhood (not really a word, I know) friends and, while this isn't a typical design that I create for sympathy, I thought it was fitting for my friend.


In the above photo, the card is laying flat so you can more easily see the electronically-cut shapes and how they were layered.  Below is how the card looked while standing on display:


Didn't it turn out pretty?  I think it will be well-received by my friend--I certainly hope so!

No comments: