Sunday, April 12, 2020

STAINED GLASS WINDOW-SHAPED EASTER CARD

Happy Easter if you're reading this on April 12, 2020!  Today I'm sharing a card that turned into a more time-consuming project than what it started out to be, and it is also one of my most favorite cards in the history of ever.  


My plan was to design a shaped card that would look like a stained glass church window, and I was going to sponge assorted colors of ink onto the cardstock that would be behind the black frame.  The card was designed in Cricut Design Space and, when I attempted to cut two cards at one time, only one of them cut perfectly.  This was before it occurred to me to change the blade.  Anyway . . . after looking at the shaped card and the black frame, I thought it just looked like it was going to be too plain.


Being kind of sure that I wouldn't be sending this card to anyone, I decided to use markers to color the "panes" by holding the black frame in place on the front of the card.  Keeping the frame lined up was tricky as I changed from marker to marker but the more I colored, the more I loved the look.  Just seeing that white cross emerge from the colored panes inspired me to keep going.  Of course, the more I colored and the more I fell in love with this card, I began to see areas that I would like to have colored differently, but remember . . . I was just coloring to see if I liked the look.  


My finishing touch was going over each colored pane with a glitter brush.  I wanted to add a sentiment, but I didn't want to cover up any area of the window.  I also wanted to add ribbon, but I decided that the only glory that this card needed was the attention to the cross.  And so I signed the card, and mailed it to my parents.  I miss that we can't celebrate Easter as a family, but I'm glad that I was able to at least mail cards to my family members.

Easter blessings to you and yours!

No comments: