Tuesday, April 7, 2020

DADDY'S BIRTHDAY CARD

One of the reasons that I wanted my Cricut Explore to be back in business was so I could cut this card for my daddy's birthday.


The machine struggled a bit to cut the silver foil pieces, and it wasn't until the next night that it occurred to me that the blade could need changing.  Duh!  I wish I had thought about that before I put this card in the mail because the new blade was cuttin' like butter!


In the above photo, you can see how the card opens and get a glimpse at the sentiment.  It is so easy  and fun to take an image and turn it into a shaped card, and I think I could make shaped cards for days!


I didn't get a really good photo of the sentiment, but I love that the machine has the capability of writing inside the card!  That is quite awesome.  

Daddy's birthday is on April 10th, and this is the first time that I know of that his celebration will be delayed since we can't get together.  He'll have to wait for the gifts, but at least he already has the card.

2 comments:

Karla A. said...

Love your card and I love my Cricut Maker. I had the original Explore and finally decided to upgrade. Glad I did. May I ask where you made your fold for the card? What is the size of the card. My son would love this.

Regina Andari - workinouttheinks.blogspot.com said...

Thank you, Karla! Lucky you to have the Maker! I would love to have one--it's just not in my budget--yet. My card folds on the side. Since "welding" the two pieces took up some of the actual size of the card, I cut another back layer (in black) so that all of the other pieces would fit true to size. This may not make any sense to you--it's just the (easy) way that I make shaped cards. Anyway . . . I don't have the card at my house, but it fit a standard A2 envelope. It was approximately 3.5" x 5.5".