Sunday, May 25, 2014

BLENDABILITIES & "GROUNDING" THOSE LOVELY "VIVID VASES"

Yes, I'm still coloring with Stampin' Up!'s Blendabilities alcohol markers.  I truly don't mean to come across as conceited, but I love how colorful this card turned out, the shading is to my liking, and I think the mix of colors definitely does wonders for that pretty Vivid Vases image.  They're quite vivid, don't you think?  What's new (for me) is to use the Blendabilities markers to "ground" the stamped and colored image which, IMHO, is a real enhancement to the finished project.  There's just something about giving those pretty vases somewhere to sit, plus grounding an image presents the opportunity to introduce yet another area of color to the project.  Personally, I love it.  Now, it's highly possible that my next grounding experiment will turn out horrible, so I can't say just yet that I will frequently apply this technique.  Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include Coastal Cabana card stock and thick twine, Ovals Collection Framelits, Tangelo Twist card stock, Tiny Wave rotary cutting blade (even though you can't see the pretty cut edge on the Blackberry Bliss card stock), and you probably can't tell that I used Blackberry Bliss card stock because it looks black in the photo.  :-( 

No comments: