Friday, May 23, 2014

NEW BLENDABILITIES, OLD STAMPS, AND A TOUCH OF ADD

Yesterday was a busy, busy cleaning day.  Actually, it was more of a picking up and clearing out day and, while I was swapping the winter bedding for something light, I discovered about 25 retired stamp sets stacked neatly in a chair.  By the way, when I went into the bedroom, I wasn't there to begin the long process of rearranging clothes (winter clothes swapping places with summer clothes), changing bedding, dusting, vacuuming, etc.  I had gone in there to put on a cooler shirt, but I couldn't reach it with the summer clothes at the back of the closet and a blocked path.  As I carried some of the stamp sets to the stamp room, I said to Chad, "Look what I found!"  I told him that I had actually begun the process of cleaning up the stamp room but got side-tracked when I went to the bedroom for a cooler shirt, and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "And yet you still have on the long sleeves."  Obviously, I needed some kind of pill yesterday, but I was on a roll (or perhaps a loopy rollercoaster).  Anyway, the stamp sets had become a fixture in my bedroom.  I have no idea why they were in there, but anything that stays in one place for too long in this house is what we call a fixture--something that is clearly out of place, within sight, and yet forgotten.  After my work was done, I was itching to play with the Stampin' Blendabilities Markers and, of course, the retired stamp sets that were suddenly like new ones.  The tulip image is from Nice & Easy Notes, and the sentiment is from Swirls & Curls Verses.  Just look at how smoothly those markers colored the image!  I. lve. them.
Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include Blackberry Bliss and Hello Honey ribbon, Tiny Wave rotary blade, Ovals Collection Framelits, and So Saffron, Mossy Meadow, Blackberry Bliss, and Whisper White card stock.  To round the two corners, I used the new Project Life Corner Rounder punch, and it worked like a dream through both layers of card stock--loved that!

No comments: