Monday, May 5, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM project was created with supplies and scraps that were scattered on my desk.  When I realized that I hadn't already scheduled a MISM post for today, it was a "Yikes!" moment.  And then, as I was carefully shoveling a clear spot on my desk, I decided that I would up the challenge of making a snappy card (literally in a snap) by only using items that were already lying around.  So, my brand new Whisper White craft ink pad was used to ink that little circle image from Stampin' Up!'s Eye-Catching Ikat stamp set, which was randomly stamped all over a layer of Midnight Muse card stock, which was adhered to the Summer Starfruit card.  On a scrap of Whisper White card stock, I used Midnight Muse ink to stamp the sentiment from Vivid Vases--another new product that arrived last week and was waiting to be used.  To the bottom of the sentiment layer, I added a strip of Summer Starfruit that was cut with one of my favorite punches--the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border.  It always adds just a little flash of goodness!  The finishing touch was the taffeta ribbon that I looped and folded into shape, tied with Linen Thread, and then adhered to the card with Glue Dots.  Voila!  A snappy card all ready to go!  BTW, if you haven't purchased or considered Eye-Catching Ikat, you should take another look at it HERE.  At first glance, it may not look that exciting, but . . . WOW! . . . that mix of images can grant hours of creative indulgence!  That's it for the commercial.  Have a great week!

No comments: