Sunday, May 18, 2014

TEACUP CARDS FOR AUNT BETTY

It's rare for aunt Betty to call me, but I got a call from her last week.  She wasted no time letting me know that she wanted a set of six teacup-shaped cards like the one she saw at my grandmother's house recently.  In the fast-talking conversation, she asked how much a set of cards would cost because she would pay me but, fortunately, I didn't get a chance to tell her what I would normally charge to make and assemble all of the required cuts.  I wouldn't let her pay me, of course, but I know she would faint if I had thrown a dollar figure into the conversation.  On Friday, I dedicated a few hours to making this set of cards for her.


I used the Silhouette (and Amanda McGee's cut file) to cut the pieces for the cards, and I added an extra layer (just a smidge smaller than the cup shape) to adhere inside the card for a clean message section and to also add extra stability to each card.  By the time I was finished, the process seemed less and less taxing, but these cute cup cards are so worth the time!  I even made two cards for my own use!

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Not to be a broken record but again GORGEOUS! TFS Nancy