Monday, May 26, 2014

PATRIOTIC "MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" CARD

Yesterday, I was excited to create something patriotic for today's MISM project since it's Memorial Day, and I gladly dug out Stampin' Up!'s retired Godspeed stamp set.  Even though Memorial Day is a day to honor the men and women who have died while serving, I still wanted to use these two images for my card.  The soldier writing a letter to his family is one of my favorites, but it's not one that I often have the need/occasion to use.
Other Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse, and Naturals Ivory card stock, Hello Honey ribbon, linen thread, and Neutrals Candy Dots.

And I'll leave you with an excerpt from Kelly Strong's "Freedom Isn't Free" poem:
I heard the sound of TAPS one night,
When everything was still
I listened to the bugler play
And felt a sudden chill.
I wondered just how many times
That TAPS had meant "Amen,"
When a flag had draped a coffin
Of a brother or a friend.
I thought of all the children,
Of the mothers and the wives,
Of fathers, sons and husbands
With interrupted lives.
I thought about a graveyard
At the bottom of the sea
Of unmarked graves in Arlington.
No, freedom isn't free.

No comments: