Monday, May 19, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" . . . AND THE WINNER OF THE CRAFT PROJECT CENTRAL SUBSCRIPTION


Today's MISM project features Stampin' Up!'s Blended Bloom stamp and Old Olive and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blendabilities Markers.  I am thoroughly enjoying coloring with these new markers!  This card also features two cuts that were created with my Mother's Day gift from my husband and son . . . a Brother Scan N Cut.  This electonic cutter's claim to fame is exactly as its name implies, meaning that the machine will cut just about anything that it can scan.  One of my first tests was to stamp the floral image, scan it into the machine, and then cut it from Very Vanilla card stock.  Rather than cut on the outer lines, I elected to have a thin border around the image, and I'm glad I did that because it helps the image stand out against the designer paper.  My second SnC image is the sentiment, which I set up using WordArt in Microsoft Publisher, printed onto copier paper, scanned into the machine, and then cut from black card stock.  It looks pretty sharp, huh?
When it came time to create a MISM project, it seemed like a good idea to put the stamped and cut image to use.  After it was colored, I tied a Linen Thread bow and placed it in the center of the flower, and then worked on the Modern Medley designer paper--roughing the edges and sponging Old Olive ink on both pieces.  After they were adhered to the Very Vanilla card, I placed the sentiment and then adhered the flower.  I don't know that there are any green flowers in nature, and I'm not sure what prompted me to go for green, but I do like this card.

And now . . . the WINNER of the one-month Craft Project Central subscription, selected by random.org . . . JERIA, who left this comment regarding my project featured HERE
"These are great cards. Love the colors."
Jeria, please contact me at randari at hotmail dot com so we can get your subscription started.  Many thanks to all who took the time to leave a comment!  I will have another subscription to give away next month, so be sure to come back to my blog often so you can try again.  ;-)

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

You are making me want that machine more and more! My Silhouette will have to retire! (not yet) TFS Great card.