Thursday, May 22, 2014

MY CLEVER MOTHER'S DAY CARD

Yes, I know that Mother's Day has come and gone, but I wanted to share the clever card that my son made for me.  My guys always find the neatest cards with fun folds or something interactive, but I told them that I wanted them to get in the stamp room and make my Mother's Day card this year. My husband cleverly took a card from the project display area (a card that I had made) and added ribbon--in a non-permanent way--that had his written sentiment. ;-) My son, on the other hand, looked through the stamp sets and chose (from the very bottom shelf) Stampin' Up!'s retired Set Sail and one of my most-used and loved card stock colors, Soft Sky.  Early Espresso ink was already out (because I use it oh, so often), so that's what he used to stamp the front of the oversized card.  The really clever part of his design was on the inside:
He used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set to stamp the sentiments in calendar order, checking off the ones that had already passed and circling the Mother's Day sentiment.  On the left side of the card, his note read, "Re-use this card for all remaining events."  I love it, and I really appreciated that he not only made a card, but he put thought into it as well. This would be a perfect card for a man to give during the course of a year, but he would have to remember to retrieve the card after each calendar event so he'll be ready for the next one. 

1 comment:

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

This inside is so clever that I cannot believe none of the demonstrators have thought to use this set this way. What a GREAT idea. Give Chad my compliments!! I am going to try this one for a man's card, especially. Love it!!!!
Smiles, Laura